How to Apply
We no longer require an application of at least 6 people to represent a country at HNMUN 2017. There is no minimum delegation size.
We do not partner with any third party organizations. If you wish to apply and have questions on the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is available on our online MUNBase registration system.
- Please enter your e-mail address and a password of your choosing.
- Please enter all of the Basic Information requested, including School Name and Mailing Address.
- Please enter your Delegation Size and Country Preferences. You must rank 10 different countries so that we may best accommodate your preferences. Our HNMUN 2017 Country Assignment List will be released later for more information on minimum and maximum capacity for each country and specific committee assignments.
- Answer all of the Application Questions.
- Read our Conference Policies in their entirety.
- Click “save and continue,” and by doing so, you indicate your acceptance of the Conference Policies for HNMUN 2017.
- You should now see a “Review Application” page. Please ensure that all your submissions are correct.
- Click “submit application” to register for HNMUN 2017.
- To finish the registration process, you must pay the US$80 non-refundable registration fee. Please note that your account will not be activated and you will not receive any country assignment(s) until you have paid the registration fee. This fee can be paid by check or credit card through our online electronic payment platform. To pay online, feel free to use the PayPal option, which is found on the Fees page of this website. Alternatively, if you choose to pay by check, please mail us your check right away and email us to let us know. Our Guide to Paying for HNMUN 2017 contains more information regarding how to pay conference fees.
- Once we have received your US$80 registration fee, we will activate your account. You will then receive an email with a summary of fees and other conference information.
For all that register by our Priority Registration Deadline of 10 October 2016, country assignments will be distributed by the end of October. For all that register by our Final Registration Deadline of 15 November 2016, country assignments will be distributed by the end of November.
Note: if any delegates are interested in applying either to our unique Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) Program, Press Corps, or to our unassigned special application crisis committees, a special application is required. After HNMUN has confirmed your delegation registration, there will be a link to the special applications on the Overview page.
Registration Opens: 2 May 2016
Priority Registration Deadline: 10 October 2016
Delegations that apply before or at the priority registration deadline will be given preference to their country assignments. By registering early on our online MUNBase system, your delegation will receive country assignments before the Final Conference Registration Deadline, 15 November 2016.
Application Deadline for Schools in need of a Visa to enter the US: 10 October 2016
Priority Financial Assistance Deadline: 10 October 2016
Special Applications Deadline for NGO Program and Crisis Committees: 28 October 2016
Delegations that are interested in applying to the NGO Program, the Press Corps, and/or the crisis committees must submit and additional special application on the online MUNBase system. For this special application, delegates will need to rank their top three committees and then answer a few questions about related Model United Nations experience and specific questions about the committees that they are applying to. Assignments for the NGO Program, the Press Corps, and the crisis committees will be announced in late November.
Final Conference Registration Deadline: 15 November 2016
Final Financial Assistance Deadline: 15 November 2016
Confirmation of Country Assignment and Number of Delegates: 1 December 2016
Final Delegate and Faculty Advisor Fees Due: 1 December 2016
Refunds Issued Until: 1 December 2016
Visa Letter Request Deadline: 8 January 2017
Position Papers Due: 31 January 2017
Delegate and Faculty Advisor Names Due: 31 January 2017
Conference: 16-19 February 2017